Choosing Breast Implants
There are many different reasons for women to consider breast augmentation, and as many different types of implants for them to choose from. If you're ready to select your breast implants in the Chicago, Illinois, area, you're going to have questions and important decisions to make. So, it's vitally important to choose a surgeon you can trust to guide you through the process.
Board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Jose Rios will work closely with you to ensure that you feel comfortable with your choice of implants and satisfied with your overall results. Over the course of 2 consultations, he will learn more about your goals for surgery and you will learn more about the different sizes, shapes and types of implants available.
To take the next step, you can request your free consultation online or call his office at 815-744-8554 . Dr. Rios is known for his rapid recovery breast augmentation technique, which allows Naperville and Joliet, IL, women to return to their usual routines just 24 to 48 hours after surgery.
Meet Dr. Rios
A board-certified plastic surgeon using advanced breast surgery techniques, Dr. Rios will care for you.
You Have Options
When choosing breast implants, patients rely on Dr. Rios for his surgical judgment, honest input, and sound advice. He will provide you with a thorough overview of your options and will explain the factors you need to consider when making your choice. Each one of these factors will affect the overall look and feel of your breast augmentation, so it's important to consider them carefully.
Saline or Silicone Implants?
Both saline and silicone gel breast implants are approved by the FDA for breast augmentation. Choice of breast implant for our Illinois patients usually comes down to personal preference. Consider these pros and cons:
- Many women choose saline implants because, if the implants rupture, the sterile saltwater solution they contain will be harmlessly absorbed by the body. The rupture will be immediately noticeable and thus quickly addressed.
- Silicone is the choice of many women because it can offer a more natural look and feel. The FDA has approved silicone gel implants for women age 22 and older and recommends that women get regular screenings to see if their silicone implants have ruptured (these implants will hold together even if the shell is pierced or torn, so a rupture would not be immediately noticeable).
Texture, Shape and Size
After you've chosen between saline and silicone implants, you'll need to refine your selection a bit further.
- What size would you like your implants to be?
- Should your implants have a smooth or textured shell?
- Would you prefer a round or anatomical (teardrop in shape) implant?
The Next Step
After you've chosen your implants, Dr. Rios will help you prepare for your breast augmentation procedure. By adjusting each step of the breast enlargement process, his technique allows for a customized and satisfying outcome. He will also discuss the risks associated with surgery and how you can work together to minimize these risks.
There are a number of reasons to consider breast augmentation just as there are a number of different options for your breast implant. Dr. Rios guides his patients through every step of the process. Whatever your goal may be, he'll help you choose the right implants to achieve it.